BAYERN - BARCELONA (3-0) Xavi's Anger: "Today A New Stage Begins"
The Barcelona coach regrets the elimination in the first phase of the Champions League: "This is our reality and we have to face it."
A Xavi Hernandez he lived in Munich the hardest blow. For the way of losing and for what defeat entails. But despite everything, he resisted tooth and nail to call the Europa League fall a failure. "Failure is a word that I don't like. Anyone who tries never fails and we have tried. Impotence, resignation, those would be the words to define it," said the coach in the Movistar Champions League.
"I'm going pissed off. This is our reality and we have to face it. Today a new stage begins, from scratch. From there, we have to take Barça where it deserves, to fight for the Champions League, not to be eliminated and fight for the Europa League. I feel responsible, I thought we could compete in a better way and I see that we could not, "he added. "They have been better, superior. We have tried, in the first part they have had more than us, they have submitted us, we want to subdue the opposite and it has been the other way around. It is the reality we have now," he insisted.
"We have to rebel from today to put Barcelona where it
deserves, which is not the Europa League , but we have to compete as well. We
have to do it with more demand and more self-love, with many things that are
missing and we will demand them from the group" , harangued a visibly
angry Xavi. "I feel this club, I love this club and we will work to the
maximum. It is a harsh reality, but it is what there is. This must be a turning
point to go up," he said.
"YOU HAVE TO BE IN BAD TIMES"
"It is not what we wanted, nor what the club and the
fans deserve. It hurts, but many factors have led us to this. We know about the
delicate situation of the club, the players have not done things well and it is
a sum of everything", analyzed for his part the captain, Sergio Busquets, in Movistar Champions League. In his opinion, the team has a fighting chance
to win the Europa League. "It will depend on many factors, but we have a
team to compete and win it. I've been in the world of football for a long time
and I know that we are going to get better, seeing the work that the staff is
doing, although what rules in football are the results and the goals, "he
asserted.
Much Debate With Ferran Torres
"Many teams have gone through this situation, such as Chelsea or even Bayern. When you do things well and get it right in sports, Barça will also get back on top. It is a great club and we know what I know. It deserves. There has been a change in the board of directors, recently also in the staff, we have financial problems, but it is a step backwards to gain momentum . We also have to be in the bad. It is not pleasant, neither what we want, nor what he deserves the fans, but that's the way it is", stressed the midfielder.
"This is something that hurts, that hurts pride, but the situation, in part, we have won on the field . We did not do things well at the beginning, we improved in the two games against Dynamo Kiev and then, at home, against Benfica, we did well, we deserved to win, but we did not achieve victory. It is reality, and we have to face it in the best possible way. If this means that we have to fight for the Europa League, so be it", sentenced the captain.
Do You Know What We Have Posted on
Post a Comment