Header Ads

Djokovic's Return In Dubai: "I Miss Tennis And I Am Excited To Return"

After three months of hiatus, the 'number one' returns to the tracks in a tournament that he has already won five times.

The excitement of competing again, after three months of hiatus, is difficult to manage for Novak Djokovic, who in recent hours has alternated training sessions at Patrick Mouratoglou's academy with business commitments in Dubai. The 'number one' returns to the courts next Monday at the emirate's ATP 500, which he already won in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2020. 

"After everything that happened in Australia, I miss tennis and I am excited to return", Said the Serbian, whose last match dates back to December 3, during the Davis Cup in Madrid.

Djokovic, twice arrested in Melbourne and later deported for his refusal to be vaccinated, is enjoying a very different environment these days in Dubai, which does not require any requirements against Covid. On Thursday he was able to take a small mass bath at Expo 2020, where he received the affection of his followers and was received with all honors by those responsible for the Serbian pavilion, where he wrote a message in the golden book.

Open War For The Captaincy

After this warm reception, the Serbian public television RTS broadcast an interview with Nole, where the winner of 20 majors expressly thanked the support received in recent weeks by colleagues such as Daniil Medvedev, Alexander Zverev, Nick Kyrgios and Alizé Cornet. "I was pleasantly surprised by Kyrgios and I thank him very much for everything he said, as well as everyone who supported me, like Alizé," he revealed of the French tennis player.

"I WILL LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES"

However, he did not want to clear up the unknowns that affect his future, where the Masters 1000 in Indian Wells (March 7-20) and Miami (March 21-April 3) are outlined. "It will depend on the countries of those tournaments. I will be prepared and I want to continue my career," said Djokovic, whose participation in Roland Garros and Wimbledon is beginning to clear, as France and the United Kingdom continue to ease their health restrictions.

Kamila Valiyeva: Pale as the ice

More conclusive was shown about his refusal to be vaccinated, as he had already pointed out just a few days before on the BBC microphones. "I have to check very well any element that I put in my body and that can change, even if it is only 0.5%, of my state. I want to be very cautious and I will live with the consequences of not having been vaccinated", stressed the Belgrade player.

"IT WAS SELFISH OF ME"

Something more self-critical was Djokovic with his famous interview last December with the newspaper L'Equipe , just hours after having tested positive for Covid. "I admit it was selfish of me. I assume it was a mistake and I would understand that not everyone could forgive me," he conceded.

Finally, he also wanted to leave the door to the Australian Open, the tournament he won nine times and whose final should have followed this year on television. "Very nice things have happened to me there on a personal and professional level. Despite everything that happened in January, I have a great connection with the country and that's why I want to return to the Rod Laver Arena," he concluded.

Do You Know What We Have Posted on

twitter facebook instagram reddit

No comments

Powered by Blogger.